- This event has passed.
Proof to Product Podcast
See the original version of this podcast on TradeShowCamp.com.
I was recently asked to join Katie Hunt from Tradeshow Bootcamp on her “Proof to Product” podcast.
In this session, we discussed a common topic: CRO vs. SEO.
Katie and I talk about what each of these optimization strategies are and why you need to be thinking about each of them for your business. I also explain the shocking statistic that typically 99% of your online shop visitors aren’t buying from you and why slick and sexy websites don’t always sell more of your product.
Listen to the full podcast here:
What You’ll Learn:
- A common misconception people have about digital marketing
- The difference between search engine optimization and conversion rate optimization
- The industry standard for conversion rates on eCommerce sites
- The concept, four pillars of optimization, developed to help guide people through discovering what is going on with their website
- What prompted me to do a live case study & how I landed on salon furniture as the product
- The first steps I take to ensure that a site is focused more on the conversion aspect than on the aesthetics
- Why I had to forfeit some of the aesthetic of the Standish site for functionality
- The common fears of my clients as they make changes to their sites to increase conversions
- My book, Salon Chairs Don’t Sell Themselves
- The most important data points to collect through Google Analytics
- What surprised me the most through the testing we ran on Standish
- How to determine a reasonable amount of time to test something on your site
- My advice for increasing CRO on your website
PLUS! I will be joining Tradeshow Bootcamp for a free online masterclass, where I’ll talk about why SEO is a Hoax and teach you some unconventional ways to use great content to get more customers. If you want to be notified about the details when registration, opens click here so you can be a part of the mailing list.